Why you will hire me:
1. I have 23 years in managing, people, departments, and teams.
2. I’m able to communicate effectively to all levels of an organization by understanding my audience and reshaping my communication style.
3. I have excellent accounting, finance, cash management, budgeting, short & long term planning, risk management, and capital spend planning skills and experience.
4. My advice and recommendations on financial implications, operational redundancy & inefficiency and strategy will prove beneficial to any organization.
5. There isn’t a problem I can’t solve in a creative way in any capacity at any level.
- Strong work ethic
- Insatiable appetite to learn
6. My ability to bring Financial Literacy to all departments at all levels. To teach the difference between Strategic v. Tactical
7. Develop KPIs, Metrics and Goal Setting
- Time Specific
- Follow Through
- Able to communicate effectively with all stake holders of a organization. A great listener.
- Innovative & Collaborative. I’m a team player who will wear many hats; roll up my sleeves to get things done. I lead by example.
- Cross-functional team builder. (IT, HR, Purchasing, New Business Development, Engineering, Creative, Sales & marketing, etc.)
- I am a leader not a follower.
What’s next for me? What do I want to accomplish career wise?:
Providing support for the executive team and their functionality departments. I decided on a foundation of accounting/finance because it’s the language of the business. I never thought I would have stayed in this particular field as long as I have but I am still here and I continue to learn. My goal is business ownership and/or to become President/CEO of an existing business. Becoming a COO or CFO is a stepping stone. I understand that in order to manage a company, create its strategy, and grow, you can’t get bogged down in the detail. You need to respect it, understand it, and know that it’s needed but do not get weighed down by it. Hire the right people and ask the right questions.
Where do I see myself in for the next 5 to 10+ years:
Providing leadership, stewardship, and strategy to an organization. To develop, mentor, and inspire the people, and help build and sustain a great company.
- 1-5 Leading a division, company or organization as a CEO/CFO/COO.
- 5+ Owner/Partner/Principle, President/CEO of a division, company or organization.
The kind of people I enjoy working with are:
- Eager to learn and want to take on responsibility
- People who are true, trustworthy, and accountable for their actions and who are not quick to point the finger.
- People who can do their best whether working individually or on teams.
The kind of work environment that suits me best is:
Generally a fast paced organization. An organized planned bustle. A proactive organization not a reactive one.
What atmosphere do I thrive in best:
I am a transformational leader and manager. That said, I can thrive in any situation and organization. An organization is going to ebb and flow and if it is that chaotic all the time or if it is laid back all the time then something is wrong.
I have been responsible for the supervision, training, and development of other employees. Some of my motivational techniques and specific examples of how you increased productivity are:
- Leading by example
- Not expecting someone to do something I wouldn’t do myself.
o Knowing everyone responds differently to development, supervision, and motivation.o You must understand how to manage on a person-by-person or group-by-group basis.
I am a team player and can flourish in group situations. Some examples are:
- Key member of the Executive Team – Surge Innovations
- Absorbed HR Manager’s position – Surge Innovations
- Continuity Plan – ITT M&M
- Marketing Strategy – Sam’s
- Re-Organization – ITT M&M to ITT M&G
- Consulting – FFT
I am highly motivated. Here are some of my accomplishments:
- CPA & MBA
- Adjunct Faculty at North Park University
- Arts & Business Council (Current volunteer)
- Mission of Our Lady of the Angels Volunteer
- Illinois Tax Assistance Volunteer