- Cultivate a Shared Vision
- Create a company-wide culture that mirrors the organization’s leader’s vision.
- Set high expectations, make measurable, attainable, and time-specific goals, and expect others in the organization to follow suit. Execution is the key.
- Make everyone in the organization accountable for their actions.
- Build great bench strength and be secure enough to cultivate leaders below you.
- Be the best advocate for your organization.
- Make your rounds throughout the organization and be seen.
- Embrace optimism and a “can-do” attitude. Passion is contagious and can have a direct affect on company morale.
Importance of Human Capital
- Employees are a direct reflection of your management.
- Developing others develops you.
- Inspire your people.
Continuous Positive Improvement
- Get the right people on the bus and the wrong people off the bus.
- Become an agent of great and necessary change.
- Only make changes to better the organization as a whole.
- Always challenge assumptions.
- Leadership is responsibility.
- You cannot control everything but you can react positively to each consequence and work towards the best outcome.
- Always realize that in many situations there is a difference between what you want and what they want. Understand the current reality and the self-interest.
- Lead by example and be accountable for all actions. Weave this thinking throughout the organization.
- Always invite candor and listen, listen, listen.
- Promote lifelong learning and try to learn something new each day.
- Empower employees and promote autonomy without sacrificing control and leadership.
- Teach, mentor, inspire, and promote at every level.
- Show empathy and respect towards everyone and always be nice.
- Be self aware of who you are, where you came from and make time for reflection every day.
- Celebrate your success.